Calibration Forums
 
 

Go Back   Calibration Forums > DIY Calibration - Display Devices > Flat Panels - Plasma > Pioneer

Notices
Unread 05-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
sirluckyj
Junior Member
Registered Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkuro View Post
I'm attaching two calibration files for my 110FD, one for ISF-Day and the other for ISF-Night. It is interesting to see the tradeoffs between trying to get a smooth gamma curve, vs. a smooth gray scale. ISF-Night gets the gamma right around 2.2, but the gray scale is a bit bumpy. ISF-Day gets the gray scale smoother, but the gamma is a bit lower (2.1) and not quite so smooth. There are minor color errors to be fixed, especially cyan. But, overall, I'm happy with both of these. I like the fact that one can have two settings to compare. My feeling is that 2.2 as the gamma threshold is a bit high, and I am going to see tonight if I like 2.1 better.

Comments welcome! Thanks again to Shawn for his really neat program, which made this so much easier. I wish I could get reliable performance from the internal HCFR test patters, which would make calibration so much faster than using the AVS HD-DVD, and manually stepping through each pattern.
I just joined this forum. I'm quite active on the AVS forum. I just finished calibrating my Pro 150 using i1 Display 2 and HCFR. I looked your charts and noticed that you also have a high dE for Blue. I also calibrated my Fujitsu P50 (40) and the blue dE was also high. Don't know what this means. Here are the settings I used and my file.

Main Menu:
AV Selection: Pure
Contrast: 34
Brightness: 0
Color: +8
Tint: G4
Sharpness: -15


Pro Adjust

Pure Cinema

Film Mode: Standard
Text Optimization: Off

Intelligence: Off


Picture Detail:

DRE Picture: Low
Black Level: Off
ACL: Off
Enhancer Mode: 2
Gamma: 2


Color Detail:

Color Temp: Manual
R High -1
G High 0
B High +7
R Low -1
G Low 0
B Low -5

CTI: Off

Color Management
R -8
Y +2
G -2
C -5
B -1
M -3

Color Space: 2


Noise Reduction:

3DNR: Off
Field NR: Off
Block NR: Off
Mosquito NR: Off

Power Save Mode: Off

Orbiter: Mode 2

Let me know what you think.

Jim
Attached Files
File Type: zip Elite AVS 709 T0 3.zip (1.7 KB, 15 views)
sirluckyj is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register to remove these ads. It's free!



Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Unread 06-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
mdfire
Member
Registered Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ireland
Posts: 75
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirluckyj View Post
I just joined this forum. I'm quite active on the AVS forum. I just finished calibrating my Pro 150 using i1 Display 2 and HCFR. I looked your charts and noticed that you also have a high dE for Blue. I also calibrated my Fujitsu P50 (40) and the blue dE was also high. Don't know what this means. Here are the settings I used and my file.

Main Menu:
AV Selection: Pure
Contrast: 34
Brightness: 0
Color: +8
Tint: G4
Sharpness: -15


Pro Adjust

Pure Cinema

Film Mode: Standard
Text Optimization: Off

Intelligence: Off


Picture Detail:

DRE Picture: Low
Black Level: Off
ACL: Off
Enhancer Mode: 2
Gamma: 2


Color Detail:

Color Temp: Manual
R High -1
G High 0
B High +7
R Low -1
G Low 0
B Low -5

CTI: Off

Color Management
R -8
Y +2
G -2
C -5
B -1
M -3

Color Space: 2


Noise Reduction:

3DNR: Off
Field NR: Off
Block NR: Off
Mosquito NR: Off

Power Save Mode: Off

Orbiter: Mode 2

Let me know what you think.

Jim
Jim, you should be able to flatten the grayscale and reduce Delta E using the gamma controls in CC. Thats how I did it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ISF Day.zip (2.5 KB, 26 views)
__________________
Pioneer PDP508XD, Onkyo 875, B&W MT 30, PS3, Sky HD, Harmony 895 Remote, Hitachi 42PD6600
mdfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 05:20 PM   #3
sillysally
Member

Registered Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 78
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Hello to all;

I use a i1pro and Calman v3. I have a Pioneer pro-150fd. I am trying to use Calman pattern generator. I have a Quadro nvs 14m video card in my laptop and use a VGA male to male 15-pin to connect to my tv. My problem is that the only way i can get a display on my tv is to use the PC mode on the 150fd. So all i have to work with is the RGB settings on my 150fd. I need to be able to use all the settings that are only in HDMI mode. What am i doing wrong.

Thank You.
sillysally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #4
Turbe
Senior Member
Professional Supporter
 
Turbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,912
Thanks: 194
Thanked 178 Times in 137 Posts
Default

I believe you are not doing anything wrong... the video card would need to have an HDMI port...

Why not use the GetGray Disc and/or one of the free ones with CalMAN?

See:

Blu-ray or HD DVD
http://www.spectracal.com/downloads.html (under "Calibration DVDs")

GetGray
http://www.calibrate.tv/


-Shawn
Turbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 09:05 PM   #5
sillysally
Member

Registered Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 78
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbe View Post
I believe you are not doing anything wrong... the video card would need to have an HDMI port...

Why not use the GetGray Disc and/or one of the free ones with CalMAN?

See:

Blu-ray or HD DVD
http://www.spectracal.com/downloads.html (under "Calibration DVDs")

GetGray
http://www.calibrate.tv/


-Shawn
Thanks for your reply Shawn;


Yes i use the avshd for color and dvehd for grayscale. However if you are saying that getgray is as good as the ones listed above then i will go back to getgray it is easer to use than dvehd.
sillysally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2008, 08:35 AM   #6
Turbe
Senior Member
Professional Supporter
 
Turbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,912
Thanks: 194
Thanked 178 Times in 137 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
However if you are saying that getgray is as good as the ones listed above then i will go back to getgray it is easer to use than dvehd.
I'd like others to comment on GetGray in comparison to the others...
Turbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
pioneer, pioneer 8g, plasma, pro-110fd, pro-150fd

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement System V2.3 By   Branden
©2008 - 2017 ControlCAL.com