Calibration Forums

Go Back   Calibration Forums > ControlCAL - Released Versions > Display Profiles Discussion

Notices
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Default ControlCAL - Install Help / Step-by-Step Instructions to Activate an ISFccc Memory

[WHAT YOU NEED:]

A computer running Microsoft Windows XP or Vista, 512MB RAM, Video Card with 32MB minimum, Mouse/Touchpad, Sound Card etc.

Using an Apple Mac? See this Thread.

A Serial Port on a computer will have 9 Male Pins (2 rows, 1 with 5 Pins, 1 with 4 Pins).. Some older computers will have Serial Ports with 25 Male Pins. DO NOT USE the VGA Port (15 Male Pins, 3 Rows).

If your computer doesn't have a open Serial Port (or none at all), you need something like the Keyspan USB to Serial Adapter or the ControlCAL USB to Serial Adapter that is available bundled with ControlCAL and a Pioneer Configured Serial Cable (link below).

EDIT 1/19/2009: We now have ControlCAL Bundled with the ControlCAL USB to Serial Adapter and Serial Cable (Configured for 8G and 9G Pioneers). Click Here for more information.

Regardless if you need a USB to Serial Adapter or not, you still need a Female DB9 to Female DB9 Straight-Through Configured Serial Cable (included in the new ControlCAL Bundle posted above).

[REQUIRED DOWNLOADS:]

You need to download ControlCAL HERE (current version is ControlcAL v1.45).

You need the ISFccc Display Profile Set for your specific Model, see HERE or choose from this List:
  1. Pioneer 7G TV Models with ISFccc
  2. Pioneer 8G TV Models with ISFccc
  3. Pioneer 9G Models [PRO-111FD - PRO-151FD - PDP-LX5090H - PDP-LX6090H - PDP-LX509A - PDP-LX609A - KRP-500A - KRP-600A] - Regions1
  4. Pioneer 9G Models [PDP-LX5090 - PDP-LX6090] - Regions2
  5. Pioneer 9G Models [PRO-101FD - PRO-141FD - KRP-500M (outside North America) - KRP-600M (outside North America)]

[INSTALLATION/SETUP:]

Run the ControlCAL Installer/Setup program (.msi extension) by right clicking it and selecting Install.

You don't Run the Display Profile directly, you need to Run ControlCAL (the .EXE) and then Open/Load the Display Profile into ControlCAL (MENU/FILE/OPEN).

NOTE: It is recommended that you unplug your Display's Power Cord when plugging in any cables including the Serial Cable to the back of the Display. Once you have your Serial Cable connected to the Display and your computer, plug the Power Cord into the electrical socket.

Attach the cable/cables (one end of the Serial Cable goes to your computer or Keyspan and the other end of the Serial Cable goes to the back of your Pioneer Display to the Port labeled "SERVICE ONLY"). Start/Run ControlCAL (see the first step below) and Open/Load a Display Profile (see the second step below) - I suggest Part 2 of the Display Profile Set first, select MENU/SETTINGS/PORT SETTINGS and make sure you select the COM Port for your Serial Port/USB to Serial Adapter. You should only have to do this once.

Important! The first thing you should do is verify that you can Power On/Off your Display with the Power Buttons located on the Display Profile. If you cannot Power On/Off your Display with this method, you have a Cable/Port issue and you should not/cannot continue.

I suggest you download, print and read the ISFccc Documentation (in MS Word format) attached to this POST.

TIP: Verify you have the Power Control/No Signal Off Option disabled on your Pioneer (this will prevent the Display from powering off if there is no Input Signal present for several minutes).

NOTE: THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW ARE FOR THOSE USING THE PIONEER ISFCCC DISPLAY PROFILES ONLY!!!!!

[ACTIVATING AN ISFccc MEMORY AND ENTERING POSTED SETTINGS - STEP BY STEP:]

To enter Posted Settings and activate a ISFccc Memory (i.e. isf Night), follow the instructions below:

• Start/Run ControlCAL (i.e. Double Left-Click on the file named: ControlCAL v1-45).
  • Configure ControlCAL to use the COM Port for your Serial Port/USB to Serial Adapter (MENU/SETTINGS/PORT SETTINGS).
  • Configure ControlCAL to enable Auto Send (MENU/SETTINGS/AUTO SEND, make sure Auto Send is Checked).
  • Configure ControlCAL to disable Error Dialogs (MENU/SETTINGS/ERROR DIALOGS, make sure Error Dialogs is NOT Checked).
  • Open/Load Part #2 of the ISFccc Display Profile (P2) for your Display Model (i.e. MENU/FILE/OPEN and Select Pioneer_9G_C3_Regions1_v0-4_P2.cdp).
  • Start with the Display in Standby/Off.
  • Press POWER ON Button (wait until Display Powers on).
  • Press the START CALIBRATION Button (should now be in ISFccc Interface).
  • Select Input (from drop-down list) and Press SET Button next to Input Control.
  • Press ISF DAY MODE or ISF NIGHT MODE or ISF AUTO MODE Button.
  • Press the large REFRESH Button (main ControlCAL Window next to SEND ALL) to 'get' the current settings for P2's Controls from your Display.
  • Adjust each Control (i.e. Color Space = 2, Pure Cinema = 2, Color Temp = 6 etc.). NOTE: COLOR TEMP=6 IS REQUIRED FOR SETTING RGB-HIGH (DRIVE) AND RGB-LOW (CUTOFF) CONTROLS.
  • *If you need to change the default Gamma values of 0, select Gamma Point (i.e. 1) from drop-down list - Profile Extras window, adjust each Channel (i.e. R-GAMMA, G-GAMMA, B-GAMMA). REPEAT FOR EACH GAMMA POINT (1-9).
  • Press the SAVE Button (located on the Profile Extras window).
  • Open/Load Part #1 of the ISFccc Display Profile (P1) for your Display Model (i.e. MENU/FILE/OPEN and Select Pioneer_9G_C3_Regions1_v0-4_P1.cdp)..
  • Press the large REFRESH Button (main ControlCAL Window next to SEND ALL) to 'get' the current settings for P1's Controls from your Display.
  • Adjust each Control (i.e Brightness, Contrast etc).
  • Press the SAVE Button (located on the Profile Extras window).
  • Press the END CALIBRATION Button.

IMPORTANT - If you type a value in the white boxes next to a Control/Slider, you must press the small SEND button next to that white Box (Auto Send and SEND ALL have no affect). You can also click on the Slider Handle and use the keyboard right/left arrow keys (changes will be sent automatically on each keypress with Auto Send enabled).

* In many cases, you will not need to change the Gamma Controls and this Step can be skipped.

If you have any suggestions for this guide, please let me know.

Last edited by Turbe; 09-12-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Turbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register to remove these ads. It's free!

Register to remove these ads. It's free!