Calibration Forums

Go Back   Calibration Forums > DIY Calibration - Display Devices > Flat Panels - Plasma > Panasonic > Panasonic Plasma User Posted Settings

Notices
Unread 12-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
fairchild
Registered Supporter

Default TC-P55VT60 calibration report and controlcal for ISF night

I usually use the 10% GCD windows with 100%/100% color patterns, but this go I used 10% MCD (mascior's disc) with the 100%/100% color patterns. My colorchecker results weren't as good as I hoped, but will give this a go once my set matures more. I may use 75%/75% color and see how things look then. I'm posting this as I haven't seen any users post settings for the 55VT60. I used a Colormunki Photo (spectro) to do the entire calibration, so at the low end it's probably not as accurate as if I was using a newer colorimeter such as the Display3. This was also my first calibration with ControlCal, so all in all, I have some improving to do.

(just change the .txt controlcal file to .xml to view/use it, didn't feel like zipping it up)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vt60-337hrs-cie.jpg (169.0 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg vt60-337hrs-rgb.jpg (166.9 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg vt60-337hrs-gamma.jpg (145.1 KB, 52 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt pro2-night-mcd-2.22gamma.xml.txt (3.3 KB, 300 views)
fairchild is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fairchild For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Register to remove these ads. It's free!

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Unread 12-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
ontwowheels
Registered Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairchild View Post
I usually use the 10% GCD windows with 100%/100% color patterns, but this go I used 10% MCD (mascior's disc) with the 100%/100% color patterns. My colorchecker results weren't as good as I hoped, but will give this a go once my set matures more. I may use 75%/75% color and see how things look then. I'm posting this as I haven't seen any users post settings for the 55VT60. I used a Colormunki Photo (spectro) to do the entire calibration, so at the low end it's probably not as accurate as if I was using a newer colorimeter such as the Display3. This was also my first calibration with ControlCal, so all in all, I have some improving to do.

(just change the .txt controlcal file to .xml to view/use it, didn't feel like zipping it up)
Thanks for posting, I will probably take a look at these. Can you possibily post day settings as well? I have the 55VT60 as well and am currently running the D-Nice settings via ControlCal as well as the D-Nice 3D settings.

I am finding the picture looks outstanding at times but at other times a bit dark where I am loosing detail. Any thoughts?

THANKS
ontwowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2014, 08:40 PM   #3
bartholomewr04

I would like to second the last post. The ONLY complaint with D nice settings is the loss of detail in some dark scenes. But this may improve with more hours??? I too would like to know if anyone else has experienced this.
bartholomewr04 is online now   Reply With Quote