Calibration Forums

Go Back   Calibration Forums > DIY Calibration > Hardware

Notices
Unread 06-22-2009, 09:45 AM   #21
Turbe
Professional Supporter

One User sent his EyeOne Pro in and was only charged $200 plus shipping - I don't think it needed a new table written and it doesn't look like he was charged the $5 certificate fee either.

Quote:
X-Rite charged $200 plus shipping. It's a lot of fun. They ask for your credit card and then you send them the i1. Then they charge you whatever they decided it cost them to recertify it. Since mine was working fine they just billed me the $200 base price, but if there had been something wrong they would have tacked more on. When we talked on the phone they said they'd contact me with the cost before they billed me, but since they didn't maybe that's something they only do if it's going to cost more.
Roy
The NIST Certificates are good for 1 Year but IMO DIYers probably could get away with checking every couple years.
Turbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register to remove these ads. It's free!

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Unread 06-24-2009, 02:48 PM   #22
rmongiovi
Registered Supporter

Yes, all they did was test the unit and determine it was still within spec. Considering the cost of the original i1 and the cost of this "recertification" including shipping, I suspect I'm not going to have it done again. They didn't even update the calibration date that the i1 returns when you initialize it. Essentially, I paid $200+ for a piece of paper (and whatever the piece of mind is worth).
Roy
rmongiovi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #23
tony22
Registered Supporter

Hi Turbe. Thanks for the info via PM, but I had another question that I figured might be worth posting here.

I think I understand what "profiling" a sensor is supposed to do, but is that necessary if a sensor (like the Chroma5) is supplied NIST certified? For example, from your other thread on sensors you say about the Chrmoa5...

"From the factory, these do not come with a diffuser, though good quality ones are not expensive (they do require "profiling", though)."

As supplied with ControlCAL and CalMAN, does the certified Chroma5 still need a diffuser? Does it still need to be profiled? What information is generated during this profiling process and how is it used?
tony22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 09:07 AM   #24
Turbe
Professional Supporter

SpectraCAL has (and we offer it here, though it's not listed) the Chroma 5 Projector Kit for $40:

Chroma 5 Projector Kit
Chroma 5 tripod holder plus opal diffuser.

If you wanted it added, just LMK
Unread 06-28-2009, 09:23 AM   #25
tony22
Registered Supporter

Ah, so the diffuser is only if you want to use it for projectors?

So if I have a plasma (which I do ), I don't need to worry about profiling the Chroma5?
Unread 06-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #26
Turbe
Professional Supporter

No, not for your Plasma
Unread 06-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #27
tony22
Registered Supporter

Awesome. Any idea if I order Monday do you think I'd get the CalMAN/Chroma5 by Friday? I'm in NJ.
Unread 06-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #28
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Yes, it doesn't take long.. just need to verify if they have stock on the NIST Chroma 5's (I believe they do).
Unread 12-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #29
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjsmith
The X-Rite i1 Display2 and DisplayLT do NOT require nor need a black level calibration, same goes for the Chroma5. The X-Rite Hubble/OTC-1000 and i1Pro do need a black level calibration every 10-15 minutes.

If your software says it does then they do not understand how the Display2 works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged
Although, wasn't there some issue with the D2/LT vs Plasma's and thermal drift?
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjsmith
Yes the D2/LT can have thermal drift with large temperature changes but this should on only be in the Y not xy. As for D2 thermal drift not much can be done except let the meter sit on the display for 30 minutes or so.

FYI, the D2/LT has factory set sensor dark current offsets that can't be changed.